A soft robot from China has broken a world record by diving 10,000 meters deep in the Mariana Trench

A soft-bodied robot developed by China has set a new world record by successfully breaking a 10,000-meter deep dive in the Pacific Ocean's Mariana Trench.

A soft robot from China has broken a world record by diving 10,000 meters deep in the Mariana Trench

Li Tiefeng, a professor from Zhejiang University's School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, led a team to test a bionic soft robot that looks like a fish in the Pacific Ocean's Mariana Trench, which is more than 10,000 meters deep. The data reached the target completely. This is a new record set by the self-drive test of a human-developed soft robot in the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean. It is also the first time that a soft-bodied robot developed by China has broken the 10,000-meter deep dive.

According to the survey data of the International Association of Robotics, the global industry has only solved the problem of automatic production and handling of rules and rigid items by 3%-4%, and the remaining 96% or so of flexible special-shaped and vulnerable items are still manually loaded and unloaded. This means that the field of soft robotics has tremendous potential and an incalculable blue ocean market behind it.

A soft robot from China has broken a world record by diving 10,000 meters deep in the Mariana Trench

As previously reported by IT House, a research team from Zhejiang University and Zhijiang Laboratory announced in March this year that they have developed a bionic deep-sea soft robot that can be controlled at a depth of 10,000 meters. The robot is inspired by the deep-sea lionfish that live in the extremely high pressure deep water zone between 6,000 and 11,000 meters in the Mariana Trench. It can realize stable flapping wing drive in the Mariana Trench at a depth of 10,900 meters. The data showed that the robot maintained stable operation under the pressure of 110MPa (the standard atmospheric pressure is just 0.1MPa).